domingo, 12 de abril de 2020

MONDAY, 13th APRIL

Good morning and welcome back to our online lessons!

I hope you had time to relax and recharge batteries during Easter Holidays and I hope you're now refreshed and ready for our lesson today.  



Today, we are going to start with THIRD TERM'S CONTENTS:
 UNIT 6: Money Matters 



Follow these steps: 

1) Open your book at page 76. We are going to learn/remember VOCABULARY connected to THE ECONOMY.

    A) Do activity 1 in your notebook.  Write down whole sentences. Remember that the words in blue are the key vocabulary for your exams. Don't forget that you've got a good glossary on pages 138-150 of your book; in case you need to check the meaning of these words. 

    B)  Do activity 2. Write the statements 1- 8 in your notebook and decide which answer a or b is correct. Write only a or b
              Make sure you know the meaning of all these words and expressions. 
             Click HERE to get the answers to this activity.

    C) Do the quiz on pages 76-77 to find out how MONEY-WISE (=ahorrativo/a ) you are. Do it orally. Read the questions and tick the answers in your book. 

2) SPEAKING. Activity 4 on page 77. Answer the three questions in activity 4 about yourself and explain your answers. Include the expressions in the "Useful Language" box  and the vocabulary we have learnt in this unit.
     
Pay attention to these structures before you do the activity:


PREFERIRÍA:  I’d rather + infinitive without to  = 
                            I’d prefer +  to infinitive

I’d rather live in the country   =  I’d prefer to live in the country

PREFERIRÍA UNA COSA A OTRA:

I’d rather do something than (do) something else

I’d prefer to do something rather than (do) something else

I’d rather go to the cinema than stay at home =
I’d prefer to go to the cinema rather than stay at home

PREFIERO:  I prefer + gerund /  I prefer + to infinitive

I prefer going to the cinema = I prefer to go to the cinema

PREFIERO UNA COSA A OTRA:

 I prefer (doing) something    to  ( doing) something else
I prefer to do something rather than (do) something else

   I prefer living in a small town to living in a big city =
   I prefer to live in a small town rather than (live) in a big city  

IMPORTANT:
After you answer the three questions in your notebook. Read them aloud and record your voice in your mobile phone. I'm trying to use the Moodle Platform. Upload your recording to the MOODLE.
Otherwise, send it to my email, as usual.

3) Do two activities to practise with the vocabulary and expressions we have learned today. 
     Click HERE to get the activities.

That's all for now! 

   PS, I'll be sending to your emails your podcast marks today.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario